We have a position open! Come be part of our team!
Full-Time Victim Advocate – Outreach
Domestic Abuse/Sexual Assault Services is a small team of passionate individuals who believe a future without violence is possible.
Service area includes: Red Willow, Chase, Dundy, Frontier, Furnas, Hayes and Hitchcock counties.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
On-call shifts: Must take part of rotating weekly crisis line coverage after hours approximately every third week, including some holidays.
Wide range of duties to assist families affected by these acts of violence in rebuilding their lives including:
- crisis line coverage
- crisis support/intervention
- protection order assistance
- legal, medical and economic advocacy
- outreach services throughout service area
- informational/educational presentations
An ideal candidate is compassionate, patient, team-oriented, and trustworthy. Here are some other things we like to see:
- ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- a degree in social services or related field or equivalent work or volunteer experience
- ability to work well with persons from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds with various religious beliefs, lifestyles, sexual orientations, age variance and differing abilities.
- interest in and awareness of issues relating to relationship violence, sexual violence and stalking.
- strong interpersonal skills including:
- ability to listen
- ability to demonstrate sensitivity, compassion and empathy
- ability to handle stressful/crisis situations
- ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral form
- ability to effectively deliver information to the public
- ability to use sound judgment and problem solving skills
- strong work ethic
- highly motivated
- ability to work independently on behalf of victims/survivors and collaboratively with coworkers and colleagues.
- excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Social Media programs.
- valid Driver’s license, good driving record and a reliable, insured vehicle required.
- must pass criminal background check
- fluency in Spanish a plus.
- public speaking experience preferred.
If you are interested in joining our team, please provide the following:
- cover letter
- three or more professional references
Send the requested documents to DASAS, 407 West 5th, McCook, NE 69001 or by email to email@example.com. For further questions, contact DASAS at (308) 345-1612. EOE